Is your due date just around the corner? Make sure your hospital bag is packed and ready with this handy checklist.
Here are all the must-haves (and some nice-to-haves) that should be on your checklist for the hospital or birthing centre. This list is a good starting point, but every hospital and birth centre does things differently, so ask ahead of time what they will supply and what you need to bring from home.
What to pack in a hospital bag: For you
- Slippers and socks
- Robe and nightgowns or pyjamas that can unbutton for breastfeeding
- Nursing bras
- Old underwear
- Contact list for sharing your big news
- Loose, comfy clothes to wear home
- Toiletries, including hair elastics
- If you plan to use the shower or Jacuzzi: a loose bra or top for you, swimwear for your partner
- Lip balm, moisturizer
- Your birth plan and any paperwork you’ve been asked to complete by the hospital and/or for insurance
- Nursing pads, nipple cream, maxi pads
- Camera/video camera, phone and chargers
- Flip-flops for the shower
- Snacks and drinks
- Change for vending machines, or in case you can’t use your cellphone
- Music, books or magazines, games, playing cards
- Notebook and pen
- Watch or smartphone with app to time contractions
What to pack in a hospital bag: For your baby
- A going-home outfit
- Approved infant car seat with the base properly installed in your vehicle
- A few sleepers and onesies, socks and a hat
- Cozy blanket and several receiving blankets
- Package of newborn/size small diapers
- Package of unscented baby wipes
Stay in touch
Subscribe to Today’s Parent’s daily newsletter for our best parenting news, tips, essays and recipes.
This article was originally published by Todaysparent.com. Read the original article here.